Fennel Slaw with Prosciutto and Pistachio Pesto
Recipe by:Giada De Laurentiis
- For pistachio pesto:
- 2 large handfuls (lightly packed) flat-leaf parsley
- 110g shelled and toasted pistachios
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 180ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For fennel slaw:
- 4 or 5 (1.5kg) fennel bulbs, thinly sliced
- 110g prosciutto, thinly sliced
1) For the pistachio pesto: combine the parsley, pistachios, thyme, and garlic cloves in the bowl of a food processor; blend until finely chopped. With the machine running, gradually add the olive oil, processing until well blended. Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste.
2) For the fennel slaw: place the fennel in a large serving bowl. Add the pesto and toss to coat well. Tear the prosciutto into 2.5cm pieces and add to the bowl. Gently toss to combine. Serve.