Mushrooms topped with tomatoes and two kinds of cheese are an indulgent treat.
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing the griddle pan
- 4 to 6 portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 230ml marinara sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 60g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 60g grated Parmesan
- 30g butter, cut into small pieces
Place a griddle pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
Drizzle three tablespoons of olive oil over both sides of the mushrooms. Sprinkle the mushrooms with salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil on the griddle to prevent the mushrooms from sticking. Cook until the mushrooms are heated through and tender, about 5 mins per side.
Preheat the oven to 200°C / gas mark 6.
Spread 115ml of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 by 13-inch baking dish. Place the grilled mushrooms on top of the marinara sauce and top with the remaining marinara sauce. Sprinkle with the cheeses and top with the butter pieces. Bake until the cheese melts and the top is golden, about 15 mins. Serve.