Leek and Potato Soup
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 leeks
- 30g butter
- 300g potatoes
- Salt, to taste
- 3 tbsp thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp parsley
- White pepper, to taste
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 100g crème fraiche
For this recipe, you will need a Kenwood food processor.
1. Attach the thick slicing disc to the food processor.
2. Slice the onions, garlic and leeks and remove from the bowl.
3. Slice the potato in the food processor.
4. Heat the butter in the saucepan.
5. Add the onion, garlic and leeks and seasoning to the saucepan and cook until soft.
6. Add the potatoes, herbs and stock to the saucepan.
7. Bring the soup to a simmer and gently cook until the vegetables have softened.
8. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
9. Remove the bay leaf.
10. In stages place the soup into the liquidiser and purée (remember not to over fill the liquidiser).
11. Reheat and serve with a spoonful of crème fraiche.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood