Piquant Garlic Prawns
- 30 large raw prawn tails
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed
- 60ml olive oil
- 10 sprigs fresh parsley
- Crusty bread, to serve
For this recipe, you will need a Kenwood food processor.
1. Peel the prawns, leaving the end attached. Using a sharp knife, make a shallow cut along the outer curve from the tail to he head and remove the dark thread. Rinse under cold running water and dry with absorbent kitchen paper.
2. Place the garlic, chilli and lemon juice in the Multi-Mill and process until the garlic and chilli are finely chopped. Transfer to a shallow dish. Add the olive oil and prawns and toss together to coat.
3. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes, or longer if time allows. Meanwhile, place the parsley in the Multi-Mill and process to chop.
4. Heat a heavy-based frying pan until hot, add the prawns and marinade and cook very quickly, stirring all the time for 2-3 minutes or until the prawns turn from grey to pink. Sprinkle over the parsley immediately with crusty bread.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood