Salmon with Saffron Mayonnaise
- 4 salmon fillets, cut into 5cm width fillets
- For the mayonnaise
- 60g egg yolks
- 2 good pinches saffron
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 125ml olive oil
- 125ml groundnut oil
To make this recipe, you will need a Kenwood food processor.
For the mayonnaise:
Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
2. Add the yolks, saffron, salt, mustard, white wine vinegar and lemon juice and process to a paste.
3. With the machine running, gradually add the oils until a thick sauce is achieved.
4. Store in a very clean container in the refrigerator.
For the fish:
1. Pat the skin of the salmon dry.
2. Using a sharp knife make three cuts in the skin.
3. Add a little oil in a frying pan and heat until hot.
4. Add the salmon skin side down.
5. Cook for 2 minutes before transferring to a pre-heated oven for 6 to 8 minutes.
6. Serve with new potatoes and fresh vegetables, and a very generous dollop of the mayonnaise.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood