Organic Tarragon Baked Chicken and Carrot
- 1 (400g) bunch of organic new season carrots with tops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove organic garlic, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
- 1 20g pack fresh tarragon, trimmed and chopped
- 50g organic butter, softened
- 4 skin-on organic chicken breast fillets
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C/Fan 170ºC/400ºF/Gas Mark 5.
2. Scrub the carrots clean and trim away the tops, place them in a large roasting tin. Add the oil, garlic, the lemon juice, a third of the tarragon and plenty of salt and ground black pepper, then toss well to mix.
3. Mix the butter with the lemon zest, remaining tarragon and plenty of ground black pepper. Divide the butter into four, then use your fingers to push each quarter under the chicken skin.
4. Lay the chicken breasts skin side up on top of the carrots. Bake for 25-30mins, until the carrots are lightly charred and the chicken golden and tender. Serve with green vegetables and new potatoes.
For more inspiration and tips visit the Organic UK Facebook page.