20-Minute Chicken Thighs and Couscous with Dill
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups couscous
- 1 cup loosely packed dill fronds, chopped
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, each pierced halfway through with a paring knife
- Zest of 2 lemons, plus juice of 3 lemons, plus 1 medium lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium Persian cucumbers, quartered and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
Position an oven rack about 4 inches away from the grill heat source, and preheat. Bring 1 1/2 cups water, the butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt to a simmer in a covered medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from the heat, quickly stir in the couscous and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Fluff the couscous with a fork, stir in the dill, cover and set aside.
Meanwhile, toss the chicken, tomatoes, lemon zest and juice, olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together on a rimmed baking sheet. Unfold the chicken thighs so they're covered with the marinade, and lay them as flat as possible. Broil until the chicken is cooked through and browned, 10 to 12 minutes, rotating the pan and flipping the tomatoes and chicken halfway through.
Transfer two chicken thighs and a few tomatoes to each plate. Stir the pan juices into the dilled couscous. Place 1 1/4 cups of couscous on each plate, and top with a scoop of chopped cucumbers, a dollop of yogurt and a lemon wedge.
Copyright 2014 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved.
From Food Network Kitchen