Lemongrass-Coconut Prawn and Noodles Parchment Pack
Cono Sur wine pairing: The hints of toasted nuts make Voignier the ultimate match for a simple prawn dinner.
- 4 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated on large holes of box grater (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Thai-style canned coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- Freshly grated zest of 1 lime and 1 teaspoon lime juice, plus wedges for serving
- 3/4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 pound large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 stalks lemongrass
1. Position 2 racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 200°C. Cut four 16-inch long sheets of parchment paper. Fold each sheet in half and open like a book. Divide the pieces of parchment between 2 baking sheets (2 pieces per sheet).
2. Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover completely with warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes to soften, then drain well. Dry the bowl and put the noodles back in, along with the spinach and carrot: reserve. Whisk the coconut milk, curry paste, fish sauce, garlic, lime zest and juice, and brown sugar together in a medium bowl. Add 1/4 cup of the coconut marinade to the noodles, season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and toss to coat. Add the prawns to the remaining marinade and toss to coat.
3. Divide the noodles and vegetables between the 4 sheets of parchment, placing on one side of the fold. Drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons water. Top with prawns and drizzle with remaining marinade. Cut each lemongrass stalk into 4 pieces and smash with mallet or other heavy item. Place 2 in each pack.
4. Fold over the top half of the parchment, crimping and overlapping small folds along the open edge to seal tightly. Bake until the parchment puffs, about 12 minutes; the prawns will be cooked through.
5. Transfer each pack to a plate. Avoiding the hot steam, carefully cut open each pack and discard the lemongrass stalks. Serve with lime wedges.
Special equipment: parchment paper
Copyright 2016 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved
From Food Network Kitchen