Chilli-Lime Salmon Tacos with Salsa
Using canned salmon in these fish tacos makes them the perfect weekday supper.
- 1 x 416g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink wild Alaska salmon
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- 6 taco shells
- Sour cream, to serve
- For the Mango-Avocado Salsa
- 1 mango, peeled and cubed
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Drain the wild Alaska canned salmon and discard the liquid. Remove any skin and bones, if wished, then break the salmon into large chunks.
Gently coat the wild Alaska salmon chunks in lime juice, zest, chilli, and season with salt and pepper.
Carefully combine all of the salsa ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To assemble the tacos, simply divide the salmon between each shell, top with salsa, and serve with sour cream.
Cook's tip: Adjust the amount of chilli to your liking! Both the salmon and salsa mixtures can be prepared in advance and refrigerated before use.