Jenny?s spicy lamb kebabs are tossed with cumin, paprika, cinnamon and more.
- 1.5kg lamb fillets, skinned, de-boned and cut into thin slices
- 1 level teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 level teaspoon paprika
- 1 heaped teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and roughly bashed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 handful fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Runny honey, for brushing
Place the lamb into a glass bowl and add all the ingredients, except the salt, pepper and honey, toss the lamb well so that the chunks are well coated with the spices. Marinate for 30 minutes. Thread the lamb onto metal or wooden skewers and season with salt and pepper.
Grill the lamb skewers under a hot grill or open fire till done. Brush with honey just before serving and seal on the heat for a few seconds. Serve with grilled aubergine and pepper salad.