Classic Hot Wings
- Rapeseed oil, for frying
- 24 chicken wing parts (12 wings separated into 2 pieces)
- One 12-ounce bottle hot pepper sauce, such as Frank's
- 120g butter
- Several dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Several dashes Tabasco
- Blue cheese dip, for serving
- Celery sticks, for serving
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Heat 3 inches of oil in a heavy pot to 190°C.
Add half the chicken wing parts to the oil and fry them until they're golden brown and fully cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with the other half of the wing parts.
In a saucepan, heat the cayenne sauce and butter over medium-low heat. Add the Worcestershire and hot sauce. Let it bubble up, and then turn off the heat.
Place the wings in an ovenproof dish and pour the hot sauce over the top. Toss to coat, and then bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Serve with blue cheese dip, celery sticks... and your favorite cold, fizzy beverage.
2011 Ree Drummond, All Rights Reserved