Tear-Away Cheesy Bread
- One 1-pound round loaf country or sourdough bread
- 2 cups shredded pepper Jack or Cheddar
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. With a large serrated knife, score the bread in 1-inch intervals; turn the loaf and score again creating 1-inch cubes without cutting all the way through. Stuff the shredded cheese evenly into the cut crevices in the bread, and place the loaf on a baking sheet.
3. Bake until the cheese is melted and the corners of the bread are turning golden brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
4. Transfer the loaf to a shallow bowl and serve whole at the table for guests to tear apart with their fingers.