Classic Club Sandwich
- 12 slices white bread
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- 175g mayonnaise
- 16 slices vine-ripened tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 slices crispy cooked streaky bacon
- 450g sliced roasted turkey
- 16 frill picks, or plastic cocktail swords
- Serving suggestions: Potato crisps, sweet pickles
2) To make a double-decker club: On a clean work surface, arrange 3 bread slices in a row. Spread 1 tbsp mayonnaise over 1 side of each bread slice. Place a lettuce stack on top of the first bread slice, top with 2 tomato slices, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
3) Place 2 slices bacon over the tomatoes (broken to fit neatly if necessary) and top with 1/8 of the turkey (without letting any hang over the sides). Season the turkey with salt and pepper, to taste. Repeat with the second bread slice. Carefully place the second layered bread slice on top of the first layered bread, turkey side-up. Cover with the third bread slice, mayonnaise side-down.
4) Pin the sandwich's layers together by piercing them with 4 frill picks or cocktail swords through the top bread slice, in 4 places in a diamond-like pattern, all the way to the bottom bread slice. Repeat the entire process with the remaining ingredients to form 3 more sandwiches.
5) Using a serrated knife cut each sandwich, diagonally, into 4 triangular pieces (each piece should be secured in the center with a pick or sword). Serve with potato crisps and pickles.