Moroccan-Style Chicken Soup
- 1 tbsp organic rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp harissa spices by Sainsbury's
- 125g pearl barley by Sainsbury's
- 2 x 390g cartons chopped tomatoes with basil, chilli & oregano by Sainsbury's
- 410g tin Sainsbury's chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 50g dried apricots, chopped
- 140g cooked roast chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ x 28g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley by Sainsbury's, chopped, plus extra to garnish
Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the onion and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the garlic and harissa spices and cook for a further minute.
Stir in the pearl barley, chopped tomatoes and 1.3 litres cold water.
Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes. Add the chickpeas to the pan with the dried apricots, leftover roast chicken meat and the chopped parsley.
Cook for 10 minutes. Serve with extra parsley to garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Sainsbury's