Beef Pops with Pineapple and Parsley Sauce
- For the parsley sauce
- 180g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 30ml red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- For the beef pops
- 680g beef fillet, cut into 1 1/2cm cubes (about 40 cubes)
- 1 (900g) pineapple, cut into 1 1/2cm cubes (about 40 pieces)
- 20 (20cm) wooden or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 mins
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the beef pops: Place the beef in the medium bowl with the parsley sauce. Toss well until the beef is coated with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Place a griddle pan over medium-high heat or preheat a gas or charcoal griddle. Thread the skewers starting with a piece of pineapple, then a cube of beef. Repeat with another piece of pineapple and another cube of beef. Continue with the remaining skewers.
Griddle the skewers for 2 to 3 minutes each side (for medium rare) or until desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, arrange the beef pops on a serving platter. Drizzle with the remaining reserved parsley sauce or serve the sauce on the side as a condiment.