Chilli Pork Loin Steaks
- 2 300g packs Specially Selected Pork Loin Steaks
- 1 large red onion
- 1 sweet red pointed pepper
- 1 400g tin Sweet Harvest Chunky Chopped Tomatoes with Herbs
- 1 400g tin Sweet Harvest Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Vegetable Quixo Stock Cube
- 120ml boiling water
- 1 heaped tsp Stonemill Chilli Powder
- 1 heaped tsp Stonemill Paprika
- 1 tsp Stonemill Dried Basil
- ½ tsp Stonemill Garlic Granules
- 60ml Solesta Olive Oil
- Black pepper
1. Peel, halve and slice the red onion thinly.
2. Halve the pepper lengthways, remove any white pith and seeds and slice thinly.
3. Heat 30ml oil in a large frying pan, sauté the red onion and pepper slices for about 5 minutes until softened.
4. Dissolve the stock cube in the boiling water.
6. Add the tinned tomatoes and vegetable stock to the onions and peppers.
6. Sprinkle over the garlic, chilli, paprika and basil.
7. Stir well and cook on a low light for 5 minutes. Put to one side whilst you cook the steaks.
8. In another frying pan, heat the remaining oil, fry the steaks for about 12 minutes on a medium heat, turning as you cook.
9. Pour over the chilli sauce.
10. Drain the red kidney beans, add to the pork and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes until hot.
Great served on a bed of Bilash Basmati Rice.
Recipe courtesy of Aldi