Buffalo Chicken Wings
Ina's all-American classic wings are perfect for the purists out there.
- 16 chicken wings (about 1.5kg)
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 tsps Frank's hot sauce, or 1 tsp Tabasco
- 1 tsp salt
- 200g crumbled gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 220g mayonnaise
- 190g sour cream
- 2 tbsps milk
- 3/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsps salt
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Celery sticks, for serving
Cut the chicken wings in thirds, cutting between the bones. discard the wing tips. Melt the butter and add the cayenne, hot sauce, and salt. Put the wings on a sheet pan and brush them with the melted butter. Grill them about 3 inches below the heat for 8 minutes. Turn the wings, brush them again with the butter, and grill for 4 more minutes or until cooked.
For the sauce, place the blue cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, worcestershire, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process until almost smooth.
Serve the chicken wings hot or at room temperature with the blue cheese dip and celery sticks.