Grilled chicken curry with peanut dipping sauce
Coconut milk creates a silky smooth sauce to accompany your chicken.
- For the grilled chicken curry
- Cooking spray
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, about 5 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Olive oil, as needed to loosen
- For the peanut dipping sauce
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Heat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray to medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and black pepper and set aside. In a small bowl, combine lime juice, curry powder, turmeric, cumin and olive oil, as needed to loosen mixture. Mix well with a spoon and brush mixture all over both sides of chicken. Place chicken on hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Remove from heat and place on plate.
2) While the chicken is cooking, in a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, peanut butter, lime juice, and sugar. Set pan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
3) Serve 4 of the chicken breast halves with all of the peanut sauce. Reserve remaining chicken for pastilla, if desired.