Lime marinated chicken wings with avocado dip
Lime is the star of the show in Paula's citrus chicken.
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 limes, juiced
- 720g chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/2 lime, zested
- For the avocado dip
- 1 avocado
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
2) Preheat grill to medium heat.
3) Arrange chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Broil chicken at least 10cm from the heat for 4 to 5 minutes per side; or until chicken is crispy on the outside and cooked through. Serve with avocado dip.
4) For the dip: pit and peel avocado. Place avocado in a medium bowl; mash. Fold in 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves; lime juice, garlic and salt; and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
See more guacamole recipes