Bow Tie Pasta with Broccoli and Peas
- 4 heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 225g farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp good olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 50g toasted pine nuts
- Freshly grated parmesan, optional
2) In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta according to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli and peas.
3) Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over medium-low heat for 1 minute. Off the heat, add 2 teaspoons salt, the pepper, and lemon juice and pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well. Season to taste, sprinkle with the pine nuts and cheese, if using, and serve.
To toast pine nuts:
Place them in a dry saute pan over medium-low heat and cook, tossing often, for about 5 minutes, until light brown.