Bruschetta with Peppers and Gorgonzola
- Good olive oil
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 8g capers, drained
- 10g julienned fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 85g creamy gorgonzola or other blue cheese, at room temperature
2) Sprinkle with the caster sugar and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Stir in the capers and basil, and season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Set aside.
3) Slice the baguette crosswise into 18 thin round slices. Brush the bread rounds lightly with olive oil on 1 side. Arrange them in rows, oil side up, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven until lightly browned, about 7 to 10 minutes.
4) Top each toast round with a teaspoonful of the pepper mixture. Place two small pieces of gorgonzola on top. Return the toast to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes and warm through. Serve immediately.