Glazed carrots and turnips
- 340g turnips, cut into 2 1/2-cm pieces
- 340g carrots, cut into 2 1/2-cm pieces
- 10g unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
2) Add the butter and sugar.
3) Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower heat to maintain a simmer. Cover the vegetables with a round of parchment paper just large enough to fit the inside diameter of the pan, or with a lid set ajar.
4) Simmer the vegetables for about 8 to 10 minutes, until tender.
5) Remove the cover and raise the heat to high. Toss the vegetables frequently in the pan as the liquid evaporates, so they are coated in a shiny smooth glaze. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with chopped fresh parsley before serving.
Copyright 2001 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved