Middle-Eastern Aubergine Rounds
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 baby Italian eggplants (about 6 ounces each), unpeeled, cut into 8 rounds each
- 1/2 cup roasted garlic hummus or other prepared hummus
- 4 cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Add the eggplant rounds and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook until brown on the bottoms, about 4 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and, working quickly, flip each eggplant round and top with a dollop of hummus and a cherry tomato quarter, rounded-side down. Cover and cook until heated through and the bottoms are golden brown, about 7 minutes.
Transfer to a platter using a spatula. Sprinkle with the parsley and lemon zest and serve.
Per serving: Calories 106; Total Fat 7 grams; Saturated Fat 0.5 grams; Protein 2 grams; Total Carbohydrate 12 grams; Sugar: 4 grams; Fiber 4 grams; Cholesterol 0 milligrams; Sodium 284 milligrams