Spicy Sizzled Chicken Strips with Beanz and Coleslaw
Forget restaurant chicken, beans and slaw. Here's how to achieve amazing flavours in a way that's low in fat.
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 6 thin strips per breast
- 1 tbsp garlic granules
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp cayenne
- 4 tsp olive oil
- ½ red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ white cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tbsp crème fraîche or mayonnaise
- 1 Heinz Beanz can (415g)
- Pinch of paprika
1. In a bowl combine the garlic granules, onion powder, thyme, cayenne, paprika, olive oil and plenty of black pepper.
2. Add the chicken strips and mix thoroughly to coat.
3. Heat a griddle pan until it is smoking hot then cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked all the way through and nicely charred.
4. Meanwhile heat the Beanz as per packet instructions.
5. In a separate bowl mix the red cabbage, white cabbage, spring onions, lime juice and crème fraiche in a bowl with some.
6. To serve, top the coleslaw with the chicken strips and serve the Beanz on the side.
A Source of Protein
Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass.