Creamy Hummus and Smoked Turkey Sandwich
- 1 tablespoon Creamy Veggie Hummus, recipe follows
- 1 mini whole wheat bagel, toasted
- 3 baby spinach leaves
- 1 slice tomato
- 3/4 ounce smoked turkey (about 1 thin slice folded into quarters)
- 3 thin slices cucumber
- For the Creamy Veggie Hummus
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup prepared hummus
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot, roughly chopped
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
To make the hummus: Pulse the cream cheese, hummus, tomatoes, carrots, garlic and spring onion in a food processor until fully mixed, but somewhat chunky. Transfer to a container. This spread will keep well in the refrigerator for about a week. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Spread the Creamy Veggie Hummus on the bottom half of the bagel, then top with the spinach leaves, tomato, turkey, cucumbers and the other half of the bagel. Wrap the sandwich in a paper towel and then aluminum foil.