Cafe au lait with chocolate dipped spoons
- For the cafe au lait
- 1 cup hot brewed chicory coffee
- Sugar cubes
- 2 tbsps (or more) whipping cream
- Chocolate dipped spoons, recipe follows
- For the chocolate dipped spoons
- 6 store-bought cookies in the shape of spoons
- 2 cups milk chocolate
1) Make the chocolate dipped spoons: melt the chocolate over a double broiler until and stir until smooth. Dip the cookies into the chocolate and transfer them to a parchment paper lined baking sheet to cool and harden (yields 6 spoons).
2) Heat the cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Pour the coffee into a mug and add the cream and sugar cubes, to taste. Serve with a chocolate covered spoon.