Organic Hot Cross Bun and Apricot Butter Pudding
- 4 organic hot cross buns
- 50g (2oz) organic butter
- 125g (4½oz) organic dried apricots, chopped
- 50g (2oz) organic soft brown sugar
- 3 organic eggs, beaten
- 275ml (10floz) organic whole milk
- 200g (7oz) organic Greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven 180°C/Gas Mark 4.
2. Slice the buns vertically into thick slices and butter one side of each slice.
3. Grease an ovenproof dish with a little butter and arrange the bread slices on the base, overlapping slightly. Scatter over the apricots.
4. Place the eggs, milk, yogurt and sugar in a bowl and whisk to mix thoroughly. Pour the mixture over the bread and apricots.
5. Place the dish in a large roasting tin. Fill the tin half way up with boiling water. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the custard is just set. Remove from the oven.
6. Serve with organic Greek yogurt or organic crème fraiche.
For more inspiration and tips visit the Organic UK Facebook page.