Almond, Pine Nut, Apricot Crumb Cake
- 50g whole almonds, toasted, plus 25g sliced almonds, toasted
- 70g pine nuts, divided
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g caster sugar
- 180g butter, melted
- 75ml milk
- 1/4 tsp almond essence
- 70g chopped dried apricots
2) Combine the whole almonds and half the pine nuts (35g) in a food processor. Pulse the machine until the nuts are finely ground. Transfer the nuts to a medium bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
3) In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer beat the eggs and the sugar until the mixture becomes thick and pale yellow. Add the butter, and milk. Stir in the almond essence and apricots. Gently stir in the dry ingredients.
4) Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Sprinkle the top of the cake with the sliced almonds and remaining pine nuts. Bake until the cake is cooked and a toothpick or skewer comes out clean, about 50 to 55 mins. Let the cake cool on a wire rack. Use a knife to loosen the edges. Turn the cake out, slice, and serve.