Porcini Bruschette with Nipitella
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 medium porcini mushrooms, stems removed, tops cut into small pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh nipitella or a combination of fresh baby mint and thyme
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf unsalted Tuscan bread, sliced into 3/4-inch slices
- 1 small bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Preheat a grill pan or grill. Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the porcini mushrooms and saute until beginning to soften, 5 minutes. Tear the nipitella or other herbs and add to the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat.
Toast the bread on the grill pan on both sides. Top with the sauteed porcini and garnish with chopped parsley and a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Serve immediately.