White Bean and Rosemary Crostini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 110g pancetta, diced
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and thickly sliced
- Two 425g cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Baguette, sliced
Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
Once hot, add the oil to the saucepan. Add the pancetta and render some of its fat. Add the rosemary and garlic, and saute until fragrant. Stir in the beans, lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Mash the beans with the back of a wooden spoon. Don't mash them all smooth, you want some texture.
Toast the baguette slices. Serve the beans on top of the toasted baguette. Drizzle with olive oil if desired.