Caprese Di Farro
Farro tossed with sweet Italian tomatoes, mozzarella and a scattering of olives.
- 450g farro
- 280g organic cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- 60g pitted kalamata olives
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil, toss in the farro and cook for 20 minutes, strain, and rinse with cold water, then set aside.
Add the tomatoes to a bowl, add the mozzarella, rip the basil leaves with your hands, and add the olives.
Season with a good quality extra-virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper, to taste.
Serve right away or cover and refrigerate for tomorrow's picnic.