These cheese and spinach balls are poached and drizzled with tomato sauce.
- 240g whole milk ricotta cheese
- 50g plain flour, plus 100g for coating
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 180g grated Parmesan
- 450g frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 jar tomato pasta sauce, heated
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and yolks. Stir in nutmeg, salt, pepper, and flour. Form mixture in to small, flattened balls- "gnudi".
3) Dredge the formed gnudi in flour to coat, tapping off the excess. Slide them into the boiling water. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan; work in batches if necessary. Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for about 4 minutes.
4) Arrange gnudi on a platter and lightly drizzle with marinara sauce.