Gorgonzola Antipasto Platter
Serve a selection of cheeses with fresh fruit and crackers to start.
- 100g Gorgonzola piccante, sliced
- 100g Gorgonzola dolce, sliced
- 100g West Country Farmhouse Cheddar, sliced
- 100g Parmigiano Reggiano, chunked
- Black pepper crackers
- For the date and apple chutney
- 2 cloves
- 1 allspice berry
- 100ml cider vinegar
- 300g bramley apples, chopped
- 50g dates, chopped (preferably fresh)
- 50g dark brown sugar
Place all ingredients for the chutney in a heavy based saucepan, stir and bring to the boil.
Simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally until nearly all the liquid has reduced.
Cool and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving as part of a Gorgonzola and PDO cheese board.
Cook’s tip: This is a great party platter, try serving with a garden salad. The chutney can also be made a couple of days in advance.
Recipe courtesy of Gorgonzola