Gorgonzola Salad with Pistachios and Balsamic Vinaigrette
This light, fresh salad is a must-have side dish.
- For the dressing
- 4 tbsp aged Balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- For the salad
- 300g mixed tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful each of watercress, rocket and spinach leaves
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 30g pistachio nuts, chopped
- 125g Gorgonzola piccante, roughly crumbled
Whisk together the dressing ingredients and season to taste.
Arrange the tomatoes, salad leaves, red onion and pistachios on serving plates and dress with vinaigrette.
Top with Gorgonzola.
Cook’s tip: Use a little brown sugar to sweeten the dressing if you don’t have a good quality aged Balsamic vinegar.
Recipe courtesy of Gorgonzola