Heirloom Tomato Caprese Salad
Find heirloom tomatoes in all colours, shapes and sizes from your local farmers' market.
- 4 large multi-colored heirloom tomatoes, washed and dried
- Coarse sea salt
- 1 large ball Burrata cheese or buffalo mozzarella
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
Slice the tomatoes into 1/2-inch thick slices. Generously season the tomato slices with salt.
Arrange the tomato slices on a platter, overlapping slightly. Add the Burrata or mozzarella on top and garnish with torn basil leaves. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.