Italian stuffed jalapenos
- 15 jalapenos, preferably red, cut in 1/2, seeded and deveined
- 1 tbsp oil
- 900g mild Italian sausage, casings removed
- 50g minced red onion
- 40g minced red pepper
- 3 tbsp minced garlic
- 480g mascarpone or cream cheese
- 45g grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- 60g shredded mozzarella cheese
2) Place the jalapenos on a sheet tray and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
3) Heat the oil in a medium saute pan. Add the sausage and cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Add the onions, peppers, and garlic and cook to soften for about 5 minutes.
4) Remove and place in a large bowl. Cool to room temperature, then add the mascarpone and Parmesan. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
5) Place approximately 1 tbsp of mixture into each jalapeno half, and top with 1/2 tsp of mozzarella cheese.
6) Turn the grill to medium. Place the sheet tray of stuffed peppers under the grill until the mozzarella cheese melts.