Orecchiette with toasted breadcrumbs
Seasoned breadcrumbs and prosciutto add texture and flavour to this simple dish.
Recipe by:Giada De Laurentiis
- 500g dried orecchiette or other small shaped pasta
- 180ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 100g Italian seasoned dried breadcrumbs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 60g grated Parmesan
- 140g finely chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
1) In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 litres of salted water. Cook pasta until al dente, about eight minutes.
2) Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saute pan, heat the oil until warm. Since the bread crumbs will cook quickly, you don't want to add them into a hot pan, otherwise they can burn. Add the breadcrumbs and stir constantly. Season lightly with salt and pepper since flavoured bread crumbs may already have seasoning. Saute for about two minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
3) Drain pasta in a colander. Working quickly, add pasta to the saute pan and stir to combine. Add Parmesan and the chopped prosciutto. Mix thoroughly. Pour into large serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.