Easy Pizzettes with Caramelised Onions, Goat's Cheese and Prosciutto
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ball shop-bought pizza dough (about 12 to 16 ounces)
- 3 ounces goat's cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 to 3 ounces prosciutto (about 5 large slices), cut into 2 by 2-inch pieces
- Parsley or rosemary sprigs, for garnish
Serves: 24 mini pizzettes
In a large, heavy frying pan, heat the oil over low heat. Add the onions, salt, pepper, herbs de Provence, and sugar. Stir to combine. Continue cooking over very low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onions are caramelised and dark golden brown, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 220°C. Roll out the pizza dough into a 1/4-inch-thick round. Using the cookie cutter, cut out 24 dough circles. Arrange the circles on a large heavy baking sheet.
Place a small spoonful of the caramelised onions on each dough circle. Top with a small amount of goat's cheese. Bake until golden and bubbly, about 10 minutes. While still hot, top each pizzette with a piece of prosciutto. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish with sprigs of parsley or rosemary. Serve immediately.