Puttanesca tomato salad with fried capers
Fry the capers before adding them to the salad.
- 120ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jar capote (large) capers, drained well and patted dry
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced 1cm thick
- 1 small red onion or 1/2 medium, very thinly sliced
- Handful coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- A handful pitted good quality black olives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes, for seasoning
2) Combine the remaining 60ml of olive oil with the garlic and the anchovy paste. Add the tomatoes, onion, parsley and olives. Season with chilli flakes and salt and pepper. Garnish with the capers and serve.