Quick Italian Tomato Soup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (730g) jar shop-bought tomato sauce
- 800ml chicken stock
- 425g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 100g small pasta
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Warm the olive oil in a large saucepan or soup pot over a medium-high heat. Add the carrots, onion and garlic and saute until soft, about two minutes.
2. Add the jar of tomato sauce, chicken stock, cannellini beans, chilli flakes, pasta, salt and pepper. Simmer for ten minutes. Ladle into bowls and serve.