Could you take on the Wintzell's Oyster House record of 422 in under an hour?
- 160g rock salt
- 12 freshly shucked oysters
- For the salsa
- 1 tomato, seeds removed and diced
- ¼ cucumber, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 handful chives, parsley and dill, chopped
- 2 spring onion with tops, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Mix all the ingredients for the salsa together and season to taste with salt and pepper. Arrange the rock salt onto a platter.
Remove the oysters from the shells and spoon some salsa into the empty shells. Return the oysters to the shells and top with a little more salsa.
Garnish with a scattering of finely chopped chives and add a squeeze of fresh tomato juice.