Broccoli and Cheddar-Stuffed Potato Skins with Avocado Cream
- For the avocado cream
- 1 clove garlic
- 20g coriander leaves
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced, greens reserved
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- For the stuffed potatoes
- 8 small potatoes (about 1kg total), scrubbed and dried
- 20ml rapeseed oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 225g broccoli florets, coarsely chopped
- 85g grated extra-mature cheddar
- 3 pieces back bacon, finely diced (about 85g)
- Cooking spray
Combine spring onion whites, avocado, sour cream, lime juice, coriander, garlic and salt in the small bowl of a food processor and process on high until smooth. About 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate whilst preparing the potatoes.
For the stuffed potatoes:
1) Preheat oven to 230C/Gas 8. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and wrap in paper towels. Microwave on high for 13 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through. Remove from microwave and cool until potatoes are easy to handle. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, scoop all but a thin layer of the inside of the potato, leaving skin intact. Reserve scooped potato flesh for another use.
2) Brush both inside and outside of potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place potatoes, skin-side down, on a baking sheet and bake until skins are crisp and edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
3) In the meantime, prepare the filling. Steam the broccoli until crisp-tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Drain and set aside. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and preheat over medium-high heat. Add the Canadian bacon and cook until crisp stirring often, about 3 to 4 minutes. Reserve.
4) Toss the broccoli with cheese and spoon filling evenly among potatoes. Lower oven to 200 degrees C and return potatoes to oven until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Spoon 1 tbsp. of the avocado cream on top of broccoli-filled potatoes, then top with scallion greens and 1 tsp. crisped bacon bits.