Lyle's® Glistening Golden Cupcakes
- For the cupcakes
- 185g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup®
- 150g Tate & Lyle® Golden Caster Sugar
- 185g self-raising flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- For the buttercream and decoration
- 110g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g Tate & Lyle® Icing Sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup®, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C, Gas 4.
Combine the butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup®, Tate & Lyle® Golden Caster Sugar, flour, eggs and milk together in a bowl. Beat with an electric hand mixer for about 1 minute until soft and creamy.
Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20-25 minutes until well risen, golden brown and they spring back when lightly pressed with a finger. Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool.
For the butter cream, put the butter in a bowl, sift over the icing sugar and mix until soft, then add the Lyle’s Golden Syrup® and milk and stir until smooth. Transfer to the piping bag and nozzle and decorate the cakes with a swirl of butter cream. Drizzle over a little Lyle’s Golden Syrup®, lightly dust with Tate & Lyle® Icing Sugar and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Lyle's Golden Syrup®