Chicken Paillards With Herb-Tomato Salad
This quick and easy dish is perfect for a light summer lunch.
- 2 ripe medium tomatoes (1 red and 1 yellow), cored and roughly chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 spring onion (white and green parts), thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus additional for seasoning
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 chicken paillards, about 6 ounces each (see chef's note, below)
Prepare an outdoor grill with a hot fire.
Toss the tomatoes, garlic, spring onion, the 3 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, the 2 teaspoons salt, and black pepper to taste in a medium bowl. Add all the herbs to the bowl but don't toss.
Brush the chicken paillards lightly with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Grill the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Stir the herbs into the tomatoes. Put a paillard on each of 4 plates, spoon some herb-tomato salad on top (watch out for the smashed garlic-you might want to remove it), and serve.
Total Fat: 13 grams
>Saturated Fat: 2 grams
Protein: 40 grams
Total carbohydrates: 4 grams
Sugar: 2 grams
Fiber: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 99 milligrams
Sodium: 1082 milligrams