Grilled Pork Skewers with Chilli Sauce
These Thai skewers are aromatic with heady spices and sweet/salty notes.
- 60ml low-sodium soy sauce
- 60ml oyster sauce
- 3 bsp finely chopped coriander leaves and stems
- 2 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 675g pork fillet, cut into 16 pieces
- 16 (15cm) wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- Chilli Sauce, recipe follows
- For the chilli sauce
- 120ml fresh lime juice
- 60ml fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 fresh Thai red chile, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
Whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, cilantro, garlic, sugar, and black pepper in a bowl.
Skewer two pieces of pork onto two skewers so that the meat lies flat. Place the pork skewers in a large baking dish. Pour the marinade over and turn to coat the pork. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour and up to four hours.
Heat grill to high. Remove the skewers from the marinade and grill the meat on both sides until slightly charred and cooked through, about three minutes per side. Serve with chilli Sauce on the side for dipping.
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and let sit at room temperature for at least one hour before serving.