King Prawns and Clam Minestrone
- 12 king prawns, whole with head and shells
- 50ml olive oil
- 75g shallot, chopped
- 75g peas
- 20g green olives, pitted
- 75g green beans, cut into 2cm batons
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- Sprig thyme, leaves removed
- 20 fresh clams, cleaned
- 50ml Noilly Prat
- 400ml fresh liquid chicken stock
- 75g canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 50g freshly grated Parmesan
- Sprig basil, julienned
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
Quickly fry the shells in olive oil and then add the chicken stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
To make the minestrone, sweat the shallots, garlic and thyme in olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the peas and green beans and cook for 2mins.
Add the clams, Noilly Prat and boil for 1min. Strain the stock and pour into the clams.
Bring to a simmer and add the cannellini beans, tomatoes, prawns, basil, olives and parmesan.
Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and serve.