Lemon and Herb Roast Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 pound small red-skinned potatoes, quartered
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Adjust the oven rack to the top position and preheat to 220°C. Toss together the potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, 1 teaspoon of the olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a rimmed baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Roast until the vegetables brown slightly and the potatoes just begin to soften, about 20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Meanwhile, rub the chicken breast skin with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and sprinkle with the poultry seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Once the vegetables begin to soften, put the chicken breasts on top and roast until the skin is golden brown and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 75°C, 20 to 25 minutes.
Remove the chicken breasts and let them rest for a few minutes. Toss the roasted vegetables with juice from 1 of the lemon halves and the parsley. Cut the bones from the chicken breasts and slice the meat. Divide the chicken and roasted vegetables among 4 plates. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges and serve alongside.
Copyright 2013 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved