Tres leches cake
- 1 sponge or Madeira cake, loaf-style
- 180ml evaporated milk
- 240ml whipping cream
- 1 (400g) can sweetened condensed milk
- For the topping
- 240ml double cream
- 60g sugar
- Smarties, Skittles or M&Ms
- 60g crushed Smarties, Skittles or M&Ms
2) In a medium saucepan, mix the two milks and the cream and heat over a low heat. When the milk mixture is hot, remove it from the stove.
3) Pour the milk mixture slowly over the cake, being sure to fill all the holes. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4) For the topping, whip the double cream, slowly adding the sugar until soft peaks form.
5) When the cake is chilled, cover the cake with whipped cream and decorate with the sweets.