Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, and Lemon
- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chopped or julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) medium green olives, pitted
- 1 packed cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Pulse until blended but still chunky.
Add the Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture on top and toss until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.