- 2 large aubergines
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Toasted sesame seeds to garnish
1. Cook the aubergines under a pre-heated grill, turning half way through cooking, until the skin has charred and the insides are very soft. This will take about 15-20 minutes.
2. Allow the aubergines to cool enough to handle then peel away the skin and scoop out the soft centres.
3. Process the garlic cloves in a Kenwood food processor. Add the soft aubergine, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice and salt. Mix until well blended.
4. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with warm flat breads.
Recipe courtesy of Kenwood's Around the World in 80 Plates